Flexible Printed Circuit Board Market Overview :
Global Flexible Printed Circuit Board Market is estimated to reach $33 billion by 2024; growing at a CAGR of 10.6% from 2016 to 2024. Flexible printed circuit board (FPCB) is a technology of assembling printed electric circuits on a flexible substrate. They are designed as a replacement for traditional wire harnesses. Increasing research and development has led to the development of new FPCBs that have been constantly contributing to the improvement and evolution of people’s modern life. They have the ability to adapt easily to miniaturization, uniformity in production, eliminate wiring errors, compact and highly suitable for mass production. FPCBs are highly used in cell phones, laptops, cameras, pacemakers, and cochlear implants among others. Technological advancements have led to the development of special PCBs such as metal core PCBs, SMT PCBs and among others. Standards and specifications have been developed by Association Connecting Electronics Industries (IPC) to provide a common ground of understanding for manufacturers and users of FPCBs.
Increasing demand for compact and flexible devices coupled with rising popularity for wearable devices are boosting the growth of the global flexible printed circuit board market. Moreover, technological advancements and expanding performance requirements by end-users are also expected to fuel the FPCB market. However, high initial costs and lack of trained personal to operate may hinder the growth of the market. Furthermore, growing applications in automated robots, automotive sector and healthcare would provide growth opportunities in the coming years.
The global flexible printed circuit board market is segmented based on the type, application and geography. By type, it is segmented into single sided flex circuits, double sided flex circuits, multi-layer flex circuits rigid flex circuits and others. Furthermore, application is segmented into instrumentations & medical, computers & data storage, consumer electronics, automotive, telecommunications, defense & aerospace, industrial electronics and others.
By geography, the FPCB market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World (RoW). The U.S., Canada and Mexico are covered under North America wherein Europe covers U.K., Italy, Germany, France and others. Asia-Pacific covers India, China, Japan, South Korea and others. Rest of the World (RoW) covers South America, Middle East and Africa.
Key market players include 3M Company, Nippon Mektron, Ltd., Interflex Co., Ltd., Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd., LG Innotek, Flexible Circuit Technologies, Inc., Nitto Denko Corp., Fujikura Ltd., Zhen Ding Technology Holding Limited and MFS Technology Ltd.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Flexible Printed Circuit Board market with respect to major segments such as type and application
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015-2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Flexible Printed Circuit Board market will be included in the report
- Profile of the key players of the Flexible Printed Circuit Board market, will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments, and business strategies.
Scope of Flexible Printed Circuit Board Market
- Single Sided Flex Circuits
- Double Sided Flex Circuits
- Multi-Layer Flex Circuits
- Rigid Flex Circuits
- Instrumentations & Medical
- Computers & Data Storage
- Consumer Electronics
- Defense & Aerospace
- Industrial Electronics
- North America
- South Korea
- South America
- Middle East