Global Microdisplay Market is estimated to reach $4,528 Million by 2024; growing at a CAGR of 23.8% from 2016 to 2024. Microdisplays are high resolution display screens used in magnified display systems to control the functioning of specific equipment or gadget. These displays are compact in size, provide high-definition resolution, and energy efficient as compared to normal display technologies. It is adopted in various applications such as consumer electronics, automotive, industrial, medical appliances, and military & defense. Microdisplays are widely implemented in electronics devices such as smart watches, music systems, smart bands, air conditioners, and projectors to monitor and manage the operation. Rise in demand for consumer electronics products has also fuelled the growth of microdisplay market globally.
Global Microdisplay Market Size and Forecast,2015 - 2024
Compact size, low power consumption, and high resolution picture quality are the major factors driving the global microdisplay market. However, high price of these products would act as a restraint for the market. Surge in demand for heads up displays (HUDs) would provide several growth opportunities for the market in the coming years.
The global microdisplay market has been segmented on the basis of type, technology, and application. By type, the market is further segmented into near-to-eye and projection. By technology, the market is categorized into liquid crystal display (LCD), organic light-emitting diode (OLED), digital light processing (DLP), and liquid crystal on silicon (LCoS). By application, the market is bifurcated into consumer electronics, military & defense, industrial systems, medical appliances, automotive, and others.
Global microdisplay market share by region, 2024
Based on geography, the global microdisplay market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World (RoW). The U.S., Mexico and Canada are covered under North America wherein Europe covers UK, Germany, France, and others. Asia-Pacific covers Japan, China, South Korea, Taiwan, and others. Rest of the World (RoW) covers South America, Middle East and Africa.
Market players have adopted product launch, acquisition, and partnership as their growth strategies to gain competition in the market. For instance, in the year 2015, Syndiant Inc. launched wearable near-eye optical LCoS microdisplay that delivers high performance with optimized power consumption, providing an outstanding 720p HD picture resolution and is widely used in automotive applications.
Major companies operating in the microdisplay market are Micron Technology Inc., eMagin Corporation, Sony Corporation, Syndiant Inc., Universal Display Corporation, AU Optronics Corp, KopIn Corporation Inc., Himax Technology Inc., LG Display Co. Ltd, and Microvision Inc., among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Microdisplay Market with respect to major segments such as type, technology, and application
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015-2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities of the global Microdisplay Market
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Microdisplay Market from 2015 to 2024 will included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Microdisplay Market, will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of Microdisplay Market
Product Type Segments
Technology Type Segments
- Digital Light Processing (DLP)
- Liquid Crystal Display (LCD)
- Organic Light-Emitting Diode (OLED)
- Liquid Crystal on Silicon (LCoS)
Application Type Segments
- Consumer Electronics
- Industrial Systems
- Medical Appliances
- Military & Defense
- North America
- United Kingdom
- South Korea
- South America
- Middle East