Total Station Theodolites Market Overview :
Total station theodolite (TST) is optical/electronic equipment used in building construction and modern surveying. The total station is an electronic theodolite (transit) combined with an electronic distance meter (EDM) to read incline distances from the instrument to a certain point. It is used for measuring heights, distances, and angles to deliver exact position data. There are numerous uses of theodolite such as mapping applications in the construction industry, measurement of horizontal and vertical angle, measurement of magnetic bearing of lines, locating points on line, prolonging survey lines, determining difference in elevation, setting out curves, aligning tunnels, mining works, among others. It is used in the construction of railways, dams, tunnels, bridges, and other massive construction projects. It increases the accuracy and improve the performance in surveying and construction projects.
Some of the major factors that are driving the growth of global total station theodolites market are necessity for efficient construction plan and 3d modelling in plotting technology. In addition, demand for precise and fast measurement in rail application is also supporting the growth of the market. However, an environmental condition affecting the measurement may hamper the market growth. Moreover, improvement in accuracy and upgrading performance, and integration of terrestrial laser scanners would unfold attractive business opportunities.
The major segments considered in the global total station theodolites market are type, application and geography. Type segment comprises classical total station, motorized total station, reflectorless total station, and robotic total station. Furthermore, application is classified into transportation, utilities, construction, oil & gas, mining, agriculture and other applications.
Based on geography, global total station theodolites market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). North America is further bifurcated into U.S., Canada, and Mexico whereas Europe segment consist of UK, Germany, France, Italy, and Rest of Europe. Asia-Pacific is segmented into India, China, Japan, South Korea, and Rest of Asia-Pacific while RoW is bifurcated into South America, Middle East, and Africa.
The key market players include TOPCON CORPORATION, HEXAGON, Trimble Inc., Suzhou FOIF Co., Ltd., Stonex, South Surveying & Mapping Instrument CO., LTD., Robert Bosch GmbH, Bofei Instrument Co., Changzhou Dadi Surveying Science & Technology Co., Ltd, Guangdong Kolida Instrument Co., Ltd., among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of the Global Total Station Theodolites Market with respect to major segments such as type, application and geography.
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2016 – 2025 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2017 and 2025
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of the Global Total Station Theodolites Market has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Global Total Station Theodolites Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of the Global Total Station Theodolites Market
- Classical Total Station
- Motorized Total Station
- Reflectorless Total Station
- Robotic Total Station
- Oil & Gas
- Other Applications
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Middle East