Train Control and Management Systems Market Overview :
Global Train Control and Management Systems (TCMS) Market is estimated to reach $4 billion by 2024; growing at a CAGR of 7.6% from 2016 to 2024. Train control systems are used in metros & high speed trains, electric multiple units, and diesel multiple units to provide safety and integrate security provisions to protect staffs, passengers and assets. These systems also enhance the speed of the trains and offer improved consistency with short trip times and excellent comfort in passenger traffic. The TCMS systems provide efficient operation of high speed trains and metros, with timely and accurate information to users, and assist operators during the any service disruptions. Governments across the world are continuously focused on up gradation of existing transportation infrastructure which would show an increased train control and management systems market trends.
Rapid urbanization, rise in demand for energy efficient rail systems, and increased demand for safe and comfortable transit solutions are the major factors driving the global train control and management systems. However, fluctuating fuel prices and risks associated with train control systems would restrain the market growth in coming years. Rising worldwide demand for high speed metros would provide several growth opportunities for the market in coming years.
The global train control and management system has been segmented on the basis of train type, component, and train control solution. By train type, the market is segmented into metros & high speed trains, electric multiple units, and diesel multiple units. By component, the market is further divided into computer control units, modular input/output devices, mobile communication gateway, and human machine interfaces. By train control solution the market is segmented into positive train control, integrated train control, and communication based train control. By train type, metros & high speed trains accounted for the largest market share in 2016, and are expected to continue its dominance during the forecast period, owing to increasing urban population and road traffic congestion which have increased the demand for rapid rail transit systems globally. Geographically, the market is categorised into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the world (RoW).
Based on geography, the global train control and management systems market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and RoW. The U.S., Mexico and Canada are covered under North America wherein Europe covers Germany, France, UK, Italy, and others. Asia-Pacific covers China, India, Japan, and others. Rest of the World (RoW) covers South America, Middle East and Africa.
Major companies operating in this market are Bombardier Inc., Toshiba Corporation, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Alstom SA, Siemens AG, Hitachi Ltd., EKE-Electronics, Strukton Rail, and Thales Group among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Train Control And Management Systems Market with respect to major segments such as train type, component, and train control solution
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015-2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Train Control And Management Systems Market has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players of the Train Control And Management Systems Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of Train Control and Management Systems Market
Train Type Segment
- Electric Multiple Units
- Metros & High Speed Trains
- Diesel Multiple Units
- Modular Input/output Devices
- Computer Control Units
- Human Machine Interfaces
- Mobile Communication Gateway
Train Control Solution Segment
- Communication Based Train Control
- Integrated Train Control
- Positive Train Control
- North America
- United Kingdom
- South Korea
- South America
- Middle East