Recycled Polyester Staple Fiber Market Overview :
Recycled Polyester Staple Fiber (PSF) is a synthetic fiber made from PET/Polyester leftover and post used PET bottles. It is used in non-woven carpets, wadding, filtration industries, as a poly-fill for stuffing pillows, cushions, soft toys, and quilts. These fibers are also used for making geotextiles and spinning yarns. Since PET bottles are basically non bio-degradable, it was very challenging to dispose them. Therefore, new technology developed which helped in recycling these post consumed PET bottles to produce artificial fibers like recycled polyester staple fiber. In addition, these fibers are widely used in spinning, weaving, fiber fillings in pillows and sofa. It also finds wide-spread application in spinning to make polyester spun yarn which is then knitted or weaved into fabrics.
Ever increasing textile industry globally, growing demand for non-woven fabric, and rising awareness of consumers regarding recycled PSF and sustainable textiles are the primary factors driving the growth of the global recycled polyester staple fiber market. However, recycled PFS shed fibers when washed which could limit the market from growing. Moreover, ongoing research to develop superior fibers, and adoption of recycled PEF in construction and personal care sectors is expected to generate lucrative growth opportunities for the market in the forecast period.
Type, application, and geography are the major segmentations considered in the global recycled polyester staple fiber. The type segment is sub-segmented into solid fiber, and hollow fiber. Furthermore, the application segment is bifurcated into apparel, home furnishing, automotive, filtration, construction, and personal care & hygiene.
Based on geography, the global recycled PSF market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). North America is further bifurcated in U.S., Canada, and Mexico whereas Europe consists of UK, Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Asia-Pacific is segmented into China, Japan, India, South Korea, Taiwan, and Rest of Asia-Pacific while RoW is bifurcated into South America, Middle East, and Africa.
Key players operating in the global market include TORAY INDUSTRIES, INC., Indorama Ventures Public Company Limited, Alpek S.A.B. de C.V., China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation, Reliance Industries Limited, Zhejiang Hengyi Group Co., Ltd., W. Barnet GmbH & Co. KG, Ganesha Ecosphere Ltd., Bombay Dyeing, and Diyou Fibre (M) Sdn Bhd among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Global Recycled Polyester Staple Fiber Market with respect to major segments such as type, application, and geography
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2016 – 2025 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2017 and 2025
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Global Recycled Polyester Staple Fiber Market has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Global Recycled Polyester Staple Fiber Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of the Global Recycled Polyester Staple Fiber Market
- Solid Fiber
- Hollow Fiber
- Home Furnishing
- Personal Care & Hygiene
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Middle East