Cosmetics Market Overview :
Global Cosmetics Market is estimated to reach $488 billion by 2025; growing at a CAGR of 3.7% from 2017 to 2025. Cosmetics include products which are used to improve the appearance or fragrance of the body, usually used over skin and hair. Cosmetics are categorized into skin & sun care, deodorants, hair care, makeup & color, and fragrances are commonly used by consumers. Increasing demand for herbal & organic cosmetics and increasing disposable income are the major factors impacting the cosmetics market growth over the forecasted period. Various distribution channels for cosmetics market includes retail stores containing exclusive brand outlets, supermarkets, & specialty stores, as well as online channels. The increasing popularity of online shopping is also driving the cosmetics market growth over the coming years.
Growing demand of natural elements in cosmetics, change in consumer lifestyle, growing disposable income of consumers in several countries, growing aging population, and increasing requirement for skin care products are the factors driving the growth of the cosmetics market. However, innovative beauty treatments as well as growing awareness about adverse effects of cosmetics may hinder the growth of the market. Moreover, growing demand for organic cosmetics might provide with several growth opportunities in the forecasted year.
The global cosmetics market is segmented on the basis of category, mode of sale, gender, and geography. The cosmetics market is segmented by category as skin and sun care, hair care, deodorants, makeup and color, and fragrances. Further, the market is segmented by mode of sale as retail, and online. By gender, the market is divided into men, and women.
Based on geography, global cosmetics market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). North America is further bifurcated into U.S., and Rest of North America whereas Europe segment consist of Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Asia-Pacific is segmented into India, China, Japan, South Korea, and Rest of Asia-Pacific while RoW is bifurcated into South America, Middle East, and Africa.
The key market players include L’Oreal Group, Oriflame Cosmetics AG, Avon Products, Inc., The Estée Lauder Companies, Inc., Alticor Inc., Kao Corp., Procter & Gamble Co., Revlon Inc., Shiseido Co. Ltd., and Skinfood, among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Global Cosmetics Market with respect to major segments such as category, mode of sale, and gender
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2016 – 2025 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2017 and 2025
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Global Cosmetics Market has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Global Cosmetics Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of the Global Cosmetics Market
- Skin and Sun Care
- Hair Care
- Makeup and Color
Mode of Sale Segments
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Middle East