Airships Market Overview :
Global Airships Market is estimated to reach $304 million by 2024; growing at a CAGR of 7.2% from 2016 to 2024. Airship is self-powered, steerable aircraft, lighter than the air-aircraft, which navigates through the air. They contain large air bags with gas, which are less dense than the surrounding air. Moreover, structure type is one of the segments of airship market. There are three main structure types of airships such as rigid, semi-rigid and non-rigid. Rigid ships maintain their framework though metal framework, whereas semi-rigid, maintains it shape by internal gas pressure and also with a partial rigid frame. These airships are highly used for advertising and covering sports events, among others. Apart from this, airship also has applications in transporting cargo, and military purpose.
Surge in need for continuous surveillance, along with low operational cost support the growth of the airships market. Furthermore, increasing use in advertisement due to its ability to stay up in the air and target larger areas also boost the growth of the market. However, risky operation due to use of hydrogen gas which is highly inflammable may hinder the growth of the market. Furthermore, luxury airships for commercial tours and hybrid airships would provide growth opportunity in the upcoming years.
The global airships market has been segmented based on the structure type, application and geography. By structure type, it is further segmented into rigid, semi-rigid and non-rigid. Furthermore, applications are segmented into commercial tours, surveillance, research, cargo transport and others.
By geography, the global airships market has been bifurcated into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and RoW. The U.S., Canada and Mexico are covered under North America wherein Europe covers U.K., Germany, France, Italy and others. Asia-Pacific covers China, India, Japan, South Korea and others. Rest of the World (RoW) covers South America, Middle East and Africa.
Key players of global airships market include Lockheed Martin Corporation, Airborne Industries Inc., Hybrid Air Vehicles Ltd., Lindstrand Technologies, GEFA-FLUG GmbH, Information Systems Laboratories Inc., Shanghai Vantage Airship Manufacture Co. Ltd., Skyship Services Inc. and RosAeroSystems s.r.a., among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Airships Market with respect to major segments such as structure type and application
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015-2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Airships Market has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players of the Airships Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies.
Scope of Airships Market
Structure Type Segments
- Commercial Tours
- Cargo Transport
- North America
- South Korea
- South America
- Middle East