Weapon that emits or releases focused energy and that can transfer that energy to damage or destroy a target is termed or known as directed energy weapons (DEW). These market is known to produce extremely powerful beams or rays. They mostly use single or only one optical system to simply focus it in the target or to track the target. Additionally, these rays can be effortlessly re-directed by mirrors to harm the targets that are not noticeable from the source. Lasers are considered or known to be most matured type of DEW weapon.
The increasing need of laser especially in areas like navy, legal impacts and regulations of DEWs had lead in the growth of the market. Also, need for precision and accuracy have also added to the popularity or acceptance of the market. However, insufficient funding and arms transfer policy has limited the market growth to a larger extent. On the other hand, growth in defence expenditure by many countries or economies as well as technological developments are expected to offer greater chances for key market players.
The global directed energy weapons market has been segmented into technique, application and geography. On the basis of technique, market has been divided into high energy laser (HEL) technique, high power microwave (HEM) technique and particle beam technique. Similarly, on the basis of application the market has been segmented as defence, homeland security and others.
Based on geography, global directed energy weapons market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). North America is further bifurcated into U.S., Canada, and Mexico whereas Europe segment consist of UK, Germany, France, Italy, and others. Asia-Pacific is segmented into India, China, Japan, South Korea, and others while RoW is bifurcated into South America, Middle East, and Africa.
The key players operating in the market are Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Boeing, Raytheon Company, BAE systems, L-3 Communications, Quinetiq Group PLC, Azimuth Corporation, General Dynamics Corporation, Rafael Advanced Defense Systems Ltd., and Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Directed Energy Weapons Market with respect to major segments such as technique, application, and geography
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015 - 2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Directed Energy Weapons Market has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Directed Energy Weapons Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of Directed Energy Weapons Market
- High Energy Laser (HEL) Technique
- High Power Microwave (HEM) Technique
- Particle Beam Technique
- Homeland Security
- North America
- South Korea
- South America
- Middle East