Global Seasonings and Spices Market is estimated to reach $19 Billion by 2024; growing at a CAGR of 5.0% from 2016 to 2024. Seasonings and spices are used for improving the food’s flavor without changing its natural flavor. Seasonings and spices are being used through ancient times and the popularity is expected to increase in the coming years. Due to their peculiar taste and aroma, they are in highest in-demand products and are commonly traded between countries. Moreover, certain herbs and spices have the ability to protect against certain chronic conditions including diabetes, cancer, and others. Certain seasoning and spices are monumentally essential as they boost immune system, aids in detoxification, regulates metabolism, improves heart health, and many others.
Global Seasonings and Spices Market Size and Forecast, 2015 - 2024 (US$ Billion)
Globalization, increasing export and import opportunities, changing food habits and varying demographics are the factors supporting the growth of the global seasonings and spices market. Various health benefits of spices and rising popularity of traditional foods also drive the growth of the market. Though, adulteration practices and inefficient logistics could hinder the growth of the market. Furthermore, organic seasonings and spices, and market expansion would provide several growth opportunities in the coming years.
The global seasonings and spices market is bifurcated as product type, distribution channel, and geography. Product type is segmented into salt, salt substitute, pepper, dried herbs, individual and mixed spices, and others. Distribution channel is further categorized into supermarkets and hypermarkets, e-retailers, convenience stores, food and drink specialists, general merchandise retailers, and others.
Global Seasonings and Spices market share by region, 2024 (value%)
By geography, the market has been bifurcated into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). The U.S., Canada, and Mexico are covered under North America wherein Europe covers UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and others. Asia-Pacific covers China, Japan, India, Australia, and others. RoW covers South America, Middle East, and Africa.
The key players in the market include McCormick & Company Inc., Kerry Group Plc., Dohler Group, Olam International, Baria Pepper, Knorr, Bart Ingredients Co. Ltd., Worlee Gruppe, Ariake Japan Co. Ltd., and Ajinomoto Co. Inc, among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide a detailed analysis of Global Seasonings and Spices Market with respect to major segments such as product type and distribution channel
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015-2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Global Seasonings and Spices Market from 2015 to 2024 has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Global Seasonings and Spices Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of the Global Seasonings and Spices Market
Product Type Segments
- Salt Substitute
- Dried Herbs
- Individual and Mixed Spices
- Other Products
Distribution Channel Segments
- Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
- Convenience Stores
- Food and Drink Specialists
- General Merchandise Retailers
- Other Distribution Channels
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South America
- Middle East