Soy Protein Market Overview :
Global Soy Protein Market is estimated to reach $7430 million by 2024 with CAGR of 5.9% between 2016 and 2024. Soy protein is an essential component of soybean and is also an abundant source of dietary proteins. Soya contains a complete source of dietary protein essential for humans, unlike plant protein; it contains all necessary amino acids and other micronutrients. Soybeans are also a good source of iron, calcium, zinc, fibre and vitamin B. The nutritional quality of soya foods is improved by inactivating inhibitors and lectins by heat treatment or eliminating by fractionation during food processing. Soya protein, also a source for vitamin D, offers various health benefits to women in various life stages, especially during pregnancy. Soya offers numerous health benefits including cardiovascular status, improved health after menopause, obesity prevention or control and improved diet, among others. Soy proteins can also be customized according to the need of end users.
Increasing awareness among consumers coupled with high adoption among end users fuel the growth of the market. Moreover, increasing popularity of infant foods containing soy proteins also supports the growth of the market. However, allergic nature and availability of alternative protein sources may hinder the growth of the market. Furthermore, cultivation of organic soy and expansion in untapped markets would provide growth opportunities in the upcoming years.
The global soy protein market is segmented based on the product type, form type, application, function type and geography. By product type, it is further segmented soy proteins isolates, soy proteins concentrates and soy proteins hydrolysates. Form Type can be segmented into dry and liquid. Application can be segmented into functional foods, bakery & confectionery and others. Furthermore, function type is segmented into nutrients, emulsifier, fat & water absorption and texturants.
By geography the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and rest of the world (RoW). The U.S., Canada and Mexico are covered under North America wherein Europe covers U.K., Germany, France, Italy and others. Asia-Pacific covers India, China, Japan and others. Rest of the World (RoW) covers South America, Middle East and Africa.
Key market players include DuPoint Nutrition & Health, Crown Soya Protein Group, Burcon NutraScience Corporation, Omega Protein Corporation, Armor Proteins, Archer Daniels Midland Company, Wilmer International, Kerry Ingredients Inc., George Weston Foods and Ruchi Soya Industries, among others
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Soy Protein Market with respect to major segments such as product type, form type, application and function type
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015-2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be included in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Soy Protein Market has been provided in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Soy Protein Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of Soy Protein Market
Product Type Segments
- Proteins Isolates
- Soy Proteins Concentrates
- Soy Proteins Hydrolysates
Form Type Segments
- Bakery & Confectionery
- Functional Foods
Function Type Segments
- Fat & Water Absorption
- North America
- South America
- Middle East