Edge Computing Market Overview :
The edge computing is a technique of operating cloud computing by investigating and processing the data at the edge of the network. Edge computing pushes computing power to the edges of a network, so instead of devices like drones or smart traffic lights needing to call home for instructions or data analysis, they can perform analytics themselves on streaming data and communicate with other devices to accomplish tasks. Predictive maintenance, energy efficiency management, smart manufacturing is some the driver propelling the market growth.
Increasing smart applications such as smart watches, smartphones, wearable devices, lower operating costs, and improved application performance are the major factors fueling the growth of the global edge computing market. However, security and privacy involvements for edge computing is expected to restrain the growth of the market. Furthermore, advancements in technologies and evolution of 5g network anticipated to provide growth opportunities in coming years.
The global edge computing market is segmented based on the organization, application, end userand geography. By organization, it is segmented into large and SME enterprises. Application type is segmented into data caching, location services, environmental monitoring, analytics, smart cities, optimized local content, augmented reality and other applications. Further, end user segment is categorized into media and entertainment, healthcare, government and public, manufacturing, telecom and IT, energy and utilities, transportation, retail and other end user industry.
Based on geography, global edge computing marketis segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). North America is further bifurcated into U.S., Canada, and Mexico whereas Europe segment consist of UK, Germany, France, Italy, and Rest of Europe. Asia-Pacific is segmented into India, China, Japan, South Korea, and Rest of Asia-Pacific while RoW is bifurcated into South America, Middle East, and Africa.
Key market players include FOGHORN SYSTEMS, Vasona Networks, Inc., Nokia, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP, Xiotech Corporation, Saguna Networks Ltd., Aricent Inc., Juniper Networks, Inc., MachineShop Inc., among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Global Edge Computing Market with respect to major segments such as organization, application, end userand geography
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2016 – 2025 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2017 and 2025
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Global Edge Computing Market has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Global Edge Computing Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of the Global Edge Computing Market
- SME Enterprises
- Data Caching
- Location Services
- Environmental Monitoring
- Smart Cities
- Optimized Local Content
- Augmented Reality
- Other Applications
End User Segments
- Media and Entertainment,
- Government and Public
- Telecom and It
- Energy and Utilities
- Other End User Industry
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Middle East