Diabetic Nephropathy Market Overview :
Global Diabetic Nephropathy Market is estimated to reach $3,826 million by 2024; growing at a CAGR of 5.9% from 2016 to 2024. Diabetic nephropathy is a type of kidney disease commonly caused due to presence of diabetics. Presence of persistent proteinuria in a diabetic patient leads to diabetic nephropathy. Diabetic nephropathy comprises of 5 stages, with the final being end-stage renal disease (ESRD). Advance stages of kidney diseases shows major symptoms of weakness, high blood pressure, vomiting, nausea, high albumin secretion in urine, leg swelling and high level of blood urea nitrogen. It can affect people with both type1 and type2 diabetes. Diabetic nephropathy affects around 40% of people suffering from type1 and type2 diabetics. It also increases the chances of cardiovascular mortality. Regular awareness programs are being initiated by various government and non-government organizations among diabetic population to inculcate the knowledge of preventive measures and treatments.
Global Diabetic Nephropathy Market Size and Forecast, 2015 - 2024 (US$ Million)
Increasing commonness of obesity and diabetes, growing investments in R&D for drug discovery and development, rising number of people suffering from kidney diseases and increasing awareness about diabetes are the major factors driving the growth of the global diabetic nephropathy market. However, long downtime for approval of drugs and stringent regulatory requirements may hamper the growth of the market. Furthermore, government initiatives to increase awareness and increasing popularity of combination therapy are expected to provide tremendous future scope for the market.
The global diabetic nephropathy market is classified into mode of treatment and geography. Mode of treatment is bifurcated into drug modifying therapies (angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor, angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs), diuretics, calcium channel blockers (CCBs), renin inhibitors, connective tissue growth factor inhibitor (CTGF), antioxidant inflammation modulator (AIM), monocyte chemoattractant proteins (MCP) inhibitors, endothelin-A receptors antagonist (ETAR), G protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs) and others) and others.
Global Diabetic Nephropathy Market share by region, 2024 (value%)
By geography, the market has been bifurcated into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). The U.S., Canada, Mexico are covered under North America wherein Europe covers UK, Germany, France Italy, and others. Asia-Pacific covers China, Japan, India, South Korea, and others. RoW covers South America, Middle East, and Africa.
Key players in the market include Bayer AG, Novartis AG, Eli Lilly and Company, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation, Mesoblast Ltd., Ampio Pharmaceuticals Inc., Reata Pharmaceuticals, GenKyoTex S.A., and ChemoCentryx Inc., among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide a detailed analysis of Global Diabetic Nephropathy Market with respect to major segments such as mode of treatment and geography
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015-2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Global Diabetic Nephropathy Market from 2015 to 2024 will be included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Global Diabetic Nephropathy Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of the Global Diabetic Nephropathy Market
Mode of Treatment Segments
- Drug Modifying Therapies (DMT)
- Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme (ACE) Inhibitor
- Angiotensin Receptor Blockers (ARBs)
- Calcium Channel Blockers (CCBs)
- Renin Inhibitors
- Connective Tissue Growth Factor Inhibitor (CTGF)
- Antioxidant Inflammation Modulator (AIM)
- Monocyte Chemoattractant Proteins (MCP) Inhibitors
- Endothelin-A Receptors Antagonist (ETAR)
- G Protein-Coupled Receptors (GPCRs)
- Other Drug Modifying Therapies
- Other Mode of Treatments
- North America
- South Korea
- South America
- Middle East