Global Uveitis Treatment Market is estimated to reach $1,142 million by 2024; growing at a CAGR of 7.5% from 2016 to 2024. Uveitis is an inflammatory disease that produces swelling and destroy eye tissues. Uveitis can affect one or both eyes with symptoms such as, blurred vision, redness of the eye, eye pain, sensitivity to eye (photophobia), dark, and floating spots in the vision (floaters). Uveitis may be caused due to attack from body’s own immune system (autoimmunity), infections occurred within eye or other body parts, bruises to the eye, and toxins that may penetrate the eye.
Key drivers of uveitis treatment market are raising incidences of uveitis disease, growth in generic drug market, and increasing investment on research and development of new drugs and treatments. New treatment options such as corticosteroids and anti-inflammatory drugs are already in use in the market. There are few restraints that hamper the growth of uveitis treatment market which include, high prices of medication, lack of knowledge about eye disorder, and side effects of medication including irritation in eye and watery eyes. Furthermore, increasing consumers knowledge and new product development would provide future scope for the market.
Uveitis treatment market segmentation is based on type, treatment type, and geography. By type, the market is segmented into anterior uveitis, posterior uveitis, intermediate uveitis, and panuveitis. Treatment type segment is further bifurcated into anti-inflammatory medications, antibiotic/antiviral medications, and immunosuppressive medications.
Based on geography, global uveitis treatment market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the world. (RoW) North America is further bifurcated in U.S., Canada, and Mexico whereas Europe segment consist of UK, Russia, Germany, France, Italy, and others. Asia-Pacific is segmented into India, China, Japan, South Korea, and others while RoW is bifurcated into South America, Middle East, and Africa.
The key market players include Novartis AG (ALCON), Valeant Pharmaceutical International Inc., EyeGate Pharmaceuticals Inc., Alimera Sciences Inc., Santen pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., Bausch & Lomb Incorporated., AbbVie Inc., Allergan Inc., Amdipharm Mercury Company Ltd., and pSivida Corp. among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Uveitis Treatment Market with respect to major segments such as type, and treatment type
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015-2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Uveitis Treatment Market has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players in Uveitis Treatment Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of Uveitis Treatment Market
- Anterior Uveitis
- Posterior Uveitis
- Intermediate Uveitis
Treatment Type Segment
- Anti-Inflammatory Medications
- Antibiotic/Antiviral Medications
- Immunosuppressive Medications
- North America
- South Korea
- South America
- Middle East