Biometric Sensors Market Overview :
Global Biometric Sensors Market is estimated to reach $1,820 million by 2024; growing at a CAGR of 9.7% from 2016 to 2024. Biometrics refers to evaluating and determining the individual's behavioural or physiological characteristics. Characteristics of person are unique hence biometrics can be used to identify or verify a person. Biometric sensor is used in microphones and high definition cameras for fast voice verification and facial recognition. Increasing consumer awareness regarding safety & security of personal files and data has supplemented the growth of biometric sensor market Different sectors such as consumer electronics, automotive, and defense, among others pose a huge demand for biometric sensor market.
Increasing demand for fingerprint identification in smartphones, tables, and other electronic devices is the major factor driving the global biometric sensors market. Moreover, various innovative features such as light weight and compact design have also supplemented the growth of the market. Rising demand for fingerprint scanning biometric sensors in banks and offices, and increasing adoption of stronger security systems across various industry sectors would provide several growth opportunities for the biometric sensor market in the coming years.
The global biometric sensors market has been segmented on the basis of type, application, end-user and geography. By type, the global biometric sensors market is further segmented into thermal sensors, ultrasound sensors, capacitive sensors, optical sensors, and electric field sensors. By application, the market is classified into hand scan, finger scan, voice scan, vein scan, iris scan, facial scan, and others. By end user, the market is bifurcated into consumer electronics, defense & security, medical & research labs, commercial centres & buildings, banking & financial services, and others.
Based on geography, the global biometric sensors market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World (RoW). The U.S., Mexico and Canada are covered under North America wherein Europe covers UK, France, Germany, and others. Asia-Pacific covers China, India, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, and others. RoW covers South America, Middle East and Africa.
Major companies operating in the biometric sensor market are ZKTeco Inc, Infineon Technologies AG, NEC Corporation, Safran, 3M, Precise Biometrics Ab, IDEX ASA, CrossMatch Technologies, Inc., Suprema Inc., and Fulcrum Biometrics, among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Biometric Sensors Market with respect to major segments such as type, application, and end user
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015-2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Biometric Sensors Market has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Biometric Sensors Market, will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of Biometric Sensors Market
- Thermal Sensors
- Ultrasound Sensors
- Capacitive Sensors
- Optical Sensors
- Electric Field Sensors
- Hand Scan
- Finger Scan
- Voice Scan
- Vein Scan
- Iris Scan
- Facial Scan
- Consumer Electronics
- Defense & Security
- Medical & Research Labs
- Commercial Centers & Buildings
- Banking & Financial Services
- North America
- South Korea
- South America
- Middle East