Lingerie Market Overview :
Global Lingerie Market is estimated to reach $62 Billion by 2024; growing at a CAGR of 6.4% from 2016 to 2024. Lingerie is commonly used by women for their comfort and fashion. The most common materials used are nylon, polyester, lycra, lace, silk, and cotton among others. Even though most lingerie are designed and worn by women, some of the manufactures are now designing lingerie for men as well. Women over the years have turned out to be more conscious towards wearing the right lingerie with perfect measurements and looks. Manufacturers are making great effort to make lingerie more comfortable along with rich-looking with different fabrics, laces, embroideries and colors.
Increasing disposable income and changing attitude towards self-presentation coupled with rapidly spreading of mall culture in emerging economies are the major factors fueling the growth of the lingerie market. Moreover, growing e-commerce and high participation of women in sports also support the growth of the market. However, high cost incurring for advertisements of lingerie may hamper the growth of the market. Furthermore, product innovations and lingerie for men would provide opportunity for growth in the upcoming years.
The global lingerie market is segmented based on the product type, distribution channel and geography. By product type, it is segmented into bra, knickers & panties, loungewear, shapewear and others. Furthermore, distribution channel is segmented into online stores and storefront.
By geography the lingerie market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World (RoW). The U.S., Canada, and Mexico are covered under North America wherein Europe covers Germany, U.K., France, Italy and others. Asia-Pacific covers India, China, Japan and others. Rest of the World (RoW) covers South America, Middle East, and Africa.
Key market players include Marks and Spencer, Jockey International Inc., L Brands Inc., Ann Summers, PVH Corporation, LVMH, Hanes International, MAS Holdings Limited, Groupe Chantelle and Victoria Secret, among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Lingerie market with respect to major segments such as product type and distribution channel
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015-2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Lingerie market will be included in the report
- Profile of key players of the Lingerie market, which include key financials, product & services, new developments, and business strategies
Scope of Lingerie Market
- Knickers & Panties
Distribution Channel Segments
- Online Stores
- North America
- South America
- Middle East