Offshore mooring is any structure made-up of anchors and connectors which are used for station keeping and securing to the seafloor. Mooring lines are made up of wire, chain and synthetic fiber rope or with a combination of all the three components. Factors such as wind, currents and waves determine the components to be used for making mooring system. The mooring system totally relies on the strength of the anchors. The various types of mooring system include taut leg, spread, catenary, dynamic position and single point. The catenary mooring is most commonly used in shallow water, whereas, semi-taut which is a combination of taut lines and catenary, are used for deep water. They are also used in the extraction of crude oil from oil wells.
Increasing offshore field exploration activities and rise in subsea installations are supporting the growth of the offshore mooring market. Moreover, increasing investments in Middle East region, maturity of onshore oil & gas fields coupled with increase in per capita energy consumption are fueling the growth of the market. However, high initial cost, increasing complexity of mooring systems and unpredictable deep sea conditions may hamper the growth of the market. Furthermore, increasing significance of clean electricity and technological advancements would provide growth opportunity for the market in coming years.
The global offshore mooring market is segmented based on the mooring type, application, anchorage type and geography. By mooring type, it is further segmented into spread mooring, tendon, single point and dynamic positioning. Application segment includes tension leg platform (TLP), floating liquefied natural gas (FLNG), floating production storage & offloading (FPSO) and SPAR, semi-submersible. Furthermore, anchorage type is segmented into suction anchors, drag embedment anchors (DEA) and vertical load anchors (VLA).
By geography the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and rest of the world (RoW). The U.S., Canada and Mexico are covered under North America wherein Europe covers U.K., Italy, France, Germany and others. Asia-Pacific covers China, India, Japan, South Korea and others. RoW covers South America, Middle East and Africa.
Key market players profiled in the report include Rigzone Mooring Systems, Offspring International, Viking Sea Tech, BW Offshore Ltd., Mampaey Offshore Industries B.V., Timberland Equipment Ltd., SBM Offshore N.V., Delmar Systems, Inc., National Oilwell Varco, Inc., Mooring Systems Inc., Lamprell Energy Ltd., and VolkerWessels.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Offshore Mooring Market with respect to major segments such as mooring type, anchorage type and application
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015-2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report.
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Offshore Mooring Market is included in the report.
- Profile of the key players in the Offshore Mooring Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies.
Scope of Offshore Mooring Market
Mooring Type Segments
- Spread Mooring
- Single Point
- Dynamic Positioning
- Tension Leg Platform (TLP)
- Floating Liquefied Natural Gas (FLNG)
- Floating Production Storage & Offloading (FPSO)
- SPAR, Semi-Submersible.
Anchorage Type Segments
- Suction Anchors
- Drag Embedment Anchors (DEA)
- Vertical Load Anchors (VLA)
- North America
- South Korea
- South America
- Middle East